In Class 5 we have a class of 9 pupils and 5 staff. To meet the needs of our children we have a daily structured routine:
-Morning (washing face, brushing hair and brushing teeth)
– Breakfast if children would like to have some
-choosing areas and work box, tac pac speaking and listening through instruments
-literacy sessions and class story
In the afternoons, we have:
-maths and sensory science
-creative curriculum (PE, Art and Design, RE and Cooking)
Class 5 Summer 1 term 2018
It’s great to be back at school in our new class 5 with our new children. We want all our children to settle into our class and learn our routines. We will use symbols and signing to help the pupils to settle.
Our topic in class 5 is: Multicultural Art
Summer 1 – 2018
Our topic in class 5 is Multicultural art
- In literacy our story is called “Handa’s Surprise” We will listen to and join in with the story. We will explore different props linked to the different fruits and animals.
- In Maths we will be using the swimming pool to find objects and put them into different containers, also tracking objects. Also link this to the class room provision.
- In science we are planting using soil and natural materials
- In PSD we are making relationships with peers and staff communicating what they like and dislike.
- In PE we exploring the hall by moving in different ways and using athletic equipment.
- In RE we will be learning about the different signs and symbols in religions. Monday afternoon is swimming Friday Morning we all go to Morrison’s You can help your child to learn by: Using key symbols with your child. We will send some home.
- Moving in different ways, going to the shops to see different ways to make money
- Special days. Wednesday afternoon using cooking room
- These are the Board Maker Symbols we will be using with your child.
Summer 1 2018
Our topic this term is Multicultural art our focus is Handa’s Surprise – The story is about the different fruits and animals.
We would like you to taste and try different fruits that you may have at home or buy some fruit that you wouldn’t often eat at home.
We would like you to tell us what fruit they have eaten, did it smell nice.
If possible, please email homework photo to:
Debs, B, Jayne, Faye, Abby. Class 5 team
Please send any photos or work to school via E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader of Learning email address: email@example.com
Link Governor firstname.lastname@example.org
In Literacy, we are learning about what noises animals make from the Lion King i.e. hyenas, lions, birds and giraffes.
In RE we are learning about Sacred places and where people pray.
In PE we are learning about Dance and we are working on ribbons, pom poms, hoops, jumping and balancing.
In PSE we are learning about interacting and working with others. We are learning about how to make recipes for our Great British Bake Off activity!
On Mondays, we go swimming in the afternoon.
Delius Memorial Celebration On Friday 20th July at 2pm. We are holding a Memorial Celebration at Delius to remember friends who are no longer withRead More