Values & Ethos
Our Vision We aspire to be a centre of excellence offering pupils, their families, staff and the wider community outstanding inclusive and enjoyable lifelong learning.
Safe Happy Learning
Education, Co Location, Co operation
Pupils, families, staff, governors and the wider community work together in a spirit of co-operation to provide a safe, happy and cohesive environment.
We expect families to:
- Make sure that their child attends school on time every day and informs school if they are to be absent
- Send their child to school relaxed, having had breakfast, a good night’s sleep , refreshed and ready to learn
- Not take their child out of school during term time
- Provide school medical staff with information about their child’s medication and health care and to label medical items with name, date and dosage.
- Work with school to help achieve their child’s individual targets
- Attend parents meetings, annual reviews and other school events in order to get to know about their child’s life in school.
- Keep school informed about things at home that may affect their child’s behaviour, learning and attendance at school.
- Support the school by promoting respect for others and a positive outlook towards school life
- Help their child to make the most of what the school has to offer.
- Safeguard your child and follow procedures
- Produce an annual report for your child
- Encourage your child to care for the environment
- Write individual education plans which are shared with parents/carers/your child and revised regularly
- Work with the local authority to ensure safe, effective transport
- Work in partnership with parents/carers so that your child reaches their full potential in all areas of their school life
- Seek high standards through encouragement and rewards for positive behaviour and achievement
- Provide a range of opportunities for learning so that we meet the needs of your child and ensure that they have full access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Provide, where necessary and in negotiation with the family, home education support
- Provide regular information about events and your child’s progress and opportunities to exchange information
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are put into practice and are accessible for all parents and carers and your child
- Monitor and support your child’s attendance.
We ask our pupils to:
- Try their hardest to meet their individual targets and to challenge themselves
- Respect each other and all adults in school
- Behave well at school, on external visits and on school transport.
World Day for Cultural Diversity and International Families day (Joint event) Tuesday 21st May 2019 Pupils will be involved in different activities throughout the dayRead More