Leader of Learning email address: email@example.com
Link Governor Jean.firstname.lastname@example.org
Class 1 Spring term 2018
It’s great to have joined Class 1 and to have met the wonderful children – there are now 9 children in Class 1. The children have settled well into class and are following the routines. The transition between subjects and lessons is working well with the children using their signs and symbols.
Our topic in class 1 is: Traditional Tales.
- In Literacy our story is called “Goldilocks and the three bears” We are going to listen to and join in with songs and actions linked to this traditional tale. We will explore different props. We will be using Makaton signs and symbols to help identify the different parts of the story.
- In Maths we will be looking at activties to help us count to 5. We will also be focusing on sequencing in shape space and measure when we visit Morrisons. We all have individual sequence strips with visual instructions on to help us with our journey there and back and when we are shopping.
- In science we are looking at different materials focusing on their properites and textures – such as soft, hard and rough.
- In PSD we are looking at the British values of law which focuses on keeping safe and being healthy .
- In PE we exploring the hall by moving in different ways and also by using new equipment in gymnastics.
- In RE we will be learning about special places – these include, the mosque, church, gudwara and our school.
Special days. Tuesday afternoon is Morrisons
Wednesday morning is swimming.
Friday morning PE.
You can help your child to learn by:
Singing nursery rhymes and doing actions with them eg. Miss Polly had a dolly
Using key symbols with your child. We will send some home.
These are the Board Maker Symbols we will be using with your child.
Please send any photos or work to school via E mail email@example.com
Our topic this term is “Traditional Tales”
We would like you to share different traditional tales with your child (these could be for example Goldilocks and the three bears, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel) and then see if they have a favourite from a choice of 2. .
We would like you to tell us which fruits and vegetables your child likes to eat (if any).
We would like to see photos of your child doing their homework.
If possible, please email homework photo to:
Theresa, Sarah, Steph, Debbie, Diane. Class 1 team.
The Bradford Toy Library is a charity offering free loan of specialist toys and play equipment to children with additional needs, to aid their developmentRead More