In Class 5 we have a class of 9 pupils and 5 staff. To meet the needs of our children we have a daily structured routine:
-Morning (washing face, brushing hair and brushing teeth)
– Breakfast if children would like to have some
-choosing areas and work box, tac pac speaking and listening through instruments
-literacy sessions and class story
In the afternoons, we have:
-maths and sensory science
-creative curriculum (PE, Art and Design, RE and Cooking)
Class 5 Spring 2 term 2018
It’s great to be back at school in our new class 5 with our new children. We want all our children to settle into our class and learn our routines. We will use symbols and signing to help the pupils to settle.
Our topic in class 5 is: Money and shops
- In literacy our story is called “Making money” We will to listen to and join in with the story. We will explore different props linked to the shops in the story.
- In Maths we will be using the swimming pool to find objects and put them into different containers, also tracking objects.
- In science we are looking at how to identify everyday objects that use electricity, turning switches on, music players.
- In PSD we are making relationships with peers and staff communicating what they like and dislike.
- In PE we exploring the hall by moving in different ways and using different equipment.
- In RE we will be learning about our special books in the different religions, Monday afternoon is swimming Friday Morning we all go to Morrison’s You can help your child to learn by:Using key symbols with your child. We will send some home.
- Moving in different ways, going to the shops to see different ways to make money
- Special days. Wednesday afternoon using cooking room
These are the Board Maker Symbols we will be using with your child.
Please send any photos or work to school via E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader of Learning email address: email@example.com
Link Governor firstname.lastname@example.org
In Literacy, we are learning about what noises animals make from the Lion King i.e. hyenas, lions, birds and giraffes.
In RE we are learning about Sacred places and where people pray.
In PE we are learning about Dance and we are working on ribbons, pom poms, hoops, jumping and balancing.
In PSE we are learning about interacting and working with others. We are learning about how to make recipes for our Great British Bake Off activity!
On Mondays, we go swimming in the afternoon.