Responsibilities & Objectives
The Governing Body is currently made up of thirteen governors including two representing teachers and the non-teaching staff and three parent governors. We come from a variety of backgrounds and bring different skills and expertise, but we are all committed to ensuring that Delius provides a safe, happy learning environment and that our pupils receive the best education possible.
The Governors are responsible for:
- ensuring that the visions, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined
- ensuring that the senior leadership team performs their responsibilities for the educational performance of the school; and
- ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
All Governors agree to abide by the Code of Practice, which is reviewed annually.
Our objectives for 2015-16 are to:
Our objectives for 2016-17 are:
- to investigate further the available options for conversion to academy status in order to make an informed decision as to the best route forward;
- to contribute to the CBMDC SEND Review; and
- to continue to develop the role of Named and Link governors.
Are we meeting our objectives? Please let us know!
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to download:
This is a Friends of Delius Charity Event to help raise money for extra curricular activities and resources for the children of Delius Special School.Read More